Thursday 14 October 2010

Realism

Ah, that smell of a newb posting for the first time on blogging site he has little interest in and is only doing so because he has to for his university work. Yes, greetings my hard-rocking nerdlings and welcome to Metal & Mashed Potatoes! The Blog where I'm supposed to talk about my Media History class for the animation course I'm on or something. Finally, I have conformed into the world of online blogging. A world where everyone thinks that their opinions are valid and a world where people hopefully won't mind my typoes and spelling errors.

This weeks lecture was all about realism and what realism actually means. I could post my opinions about the phylosophy behind it all and what we discussed, but I'm a lazy arse and our lecturer said that this could be nice and casual. So instead, here's video of one of the animations we watched during our seminar after the lecture.

I quite liked this. I enjoyed how the scenario wasn't what we might call "realistic" but the things that happened were quite common and ordinary. We've all lost/misplaced the keys or pressed something we shouldn't of have at some point in our lives and this animation simply takes those situations and places them in a quite an uncommon enviroment which makes it all the funnier. The relationship between the two characters and visual style reminded me a little of Wallace and Gromit. They have that sort of "old married couple" thing. (Only a more cynical at times.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home